Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 28, 2010

7:55 AM

And when I get to work, the sun is just rising.
It's a lovely way to start the day, and sure beats dragging in through rain and blackness of a December morning.

It's not spring, but it feels as if winter's back is broken. Sap is rising. Sarcocoa is perfuming the air, and filberts and alders are throwing out their tiny khaki blossoms. I am ready. Oh, I am ready for spring!

A neighborhood study program is going to pay me $70 to wear a pedometer for a week. I'm picking it up today. I may set the sedentary baseline. I enjoy participating in surveys and study programs, and I especially enjoy getting for it!

Of course, we are going to the autoshow this afternoon, which will skew some of the results, but I'm sure they know how to adjust for occasional excursions.

I'm looking forward to the auto show. It always has such blatant silliness available. I'd better have salad for lunch, because we are going out for dinner afterwards, and I have no idea what I might find to eat. Auto show report tomorrow.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I have a pedometer, but I can't seem to set it properly. I know how long my walking route is, but it tells me I've walked longer when I know that isn't so. Maybe one day I'll trouble myself to adjust it. Or not. :)
    Enjoy the auto show, but don't eat there. Not worth the calories.

     
  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    There is such energy in handspun yarn. It has life in it that millspun (even though it it beautiful as well) doesn't have.

    Did I mention I am jealous of your upcoming trip? If possible, I'd say put ME in your suitcase........I want you to hug Bells, and Jejeune and Rosered for me.

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Hope you are taking your camera to the auto show so we can go with you.

     
  • At 3:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Somehow I don't think it's unusual if you walk every weekend more than the weekday. You've told us more than once about the trips to various locations around town.

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Enjoy the motor show, but, as for finding something to eat, forget it!

    Remember WW and the Bridge!!! hee hee

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    I was in the same neighborhood study last year! Terrific -- getting paid for wearing a device whether or not you excel at walking. Loved it. xxx

     
  • At 11:22 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    There is something about the smell of February cold versus the smell of December cold. You DO know spring is around the corner! (And I bet you'll be surprised at how sedentary you are NOT!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home