Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Handspun hat - thanks Soozee

Susan was de-stashing and gave away skeins and skeins of spindle-spun yarn. Here are two skeins, artfully combined. There's a hint of mauve in the brown that the pink picks up. Not a hat for a "Manly" man, but a wonderfully warm hat none-the-less. It's been such fun to put these skeins together to make hats. Two more to go.



And the days are getting longer! Look, this is five PM at night. It's not pitch black! Wahoo, wahoo! I love daylight.

Bells asked when I was going to be in Oz. We leave home on March 2nd and arrive in OZ late on the 4th. On the return trip, we will get home a few hours before we leave. The International dateline amuses the heck out of me. I will spend most of my 60th birthday (3/4/50)in the air. Janette,(Knitting on the Avenue) bless her dear heart, is pulling together a few knit-ins for me. We will be in Canberra to see Bells and Jejune, and we will meet with Rose Red in Sydney. Anyone want me to carry anything in my luggage? I'm taking an extra suitcase just for goodies.

Dave asked about tea. Tao of Tea's Rosepetal black (loose)is my favorite. Red clover honey and whole milk make it a rich and dainty desert, but just hot and black it makes a refreshing cuppa. I'm not a lemon sort of girl, and I forget to put it out for my guests. BAD Roxie! Daily tea is good old Lipton in the bag. If I have a lot of writing to do (or the taxes - shudder) I make up a big pot, put on the cozy, and sip away the hours.

I make a wretched cup of coffe, but coffee addicts will take more than one cup of anything hot and black. Hence the success of Fourbucks - ah, Starbucks.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yea, I love the longer days also!

    Are you counting days yet?

     
  • At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I've noticed the longer evenings, too. And that weird sort of energy in the air that feels like a hint of spring, even though it's way too early. I don't know what causes that. It's not the temperature, not any particular smell. I think maybe it's my imagination, or wishful thinking.

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Can you bring me back a shirtless, tanned, blond Aussie sheepshearer in that extra bag? No? Well, then just forget bringing me any souvenier!

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I can't help it; I'm addicted. I love my coffee.

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wheee!!!! You will have such wonderful fun in Oz! (I like mauve/brown/pink--I'm that sort of girl!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home