Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Alive and well in Old San Juan!!

The flight went fine and our hotel is lovely! The Normandie was built in the 20's and has just had a complete redo on the inside. It's Art Decco and divine! I've got a gazillion details to share, but this computer hook-up charges by the minute, and there's no access port for my memory stick. I'll figure this out. Trust me. It's 80 degrees with 90% humidity, small birds are singing in the palms outside our window, the breeze blows in off the ocean and the room is an elegant haven of peace. The food is fabulous and we have spotted two famous lizzards. We saw that international designer Art Gecko running up a wall, and then we saw that splendid guitarist, Jose Gecko, lounging on a tree-trunk in the shade.

At breakfast, we were debating between ordering off the menu or trying the beautiful buffet, when the dining room was invaded by a yelping pack of cub-scouts.
Evidently there is some sort of jamboree or scoutaroo or something here in the hotel. Those grubby little nosepickers swept through the buffet like Atilla and all his huns, despoiling as they went. Not a croissant went untouched. Every jelly donught was poked for identity. Even the sliced fruit got palmed. There were three father-types with the slavering mob, but they seemed as uncivilized as the rest of the wolves. I ordered off the menu. The fritatta was delicious, and untouched by scouty paws.

Tonight, we have dinner with a friend who lives here in San Juan. Tomorrow, we embark on our cruise!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Have you been to any museums? You might see paintings by El Gecko.

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ya Roxie!!

    Have the Grimy Little Scouty Paws left the island yet? Have you explored any jungly areas yet? It sounds very paradisacal to me!!! Eat an extra papaya for me!!!
    Big HUGS - Miz G & the jealous furr-butts.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OKay, that's too funny, because my little grimy-pawed scooter would just stuff that fruit in his mouth and go around with big eyes for an hour before we made him spit it out...there's a good reason you can order from the menu:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home