Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 20, 2006

checking in

Due to a family emergency we are in LA till Friday the 25th. LA is not my favorite place in the world, but there are engouh odd sights to keep me amused. There was a wedding at the hotel we are staying in. One of the groom's men was wearing a nice rented tux and red rubber flip-flop sandals.

There are more hard-bodied blondes in this city than in an iceberg full of frozen Norwegians. I am over the flab limit and definitely under-dyed. I keep my Oregon papers handy lest the beauty police snatch me up, lipo-suction the excess and shoot my face full of bo-tox.

I have noticed that many of the lovely young women with long straight glossy dark hair ar streaking and dying it in tiger-stripes. Waste of time in north-country where your head is shoved under a hat nine months out of twelve.

Don't know when I'll hit a computer again. Check in with me on Saturday afternoon for a full report.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Will you have a chance to meet the Yarn Pirate? (As best I can tell she is fairly laid back about the whole grooming thing, which speaks well of her.)

    Good luck in the Land of the Blonde.

     
  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Hate LA--I hate it I hate it I hate it--I feel like I've been beamed in from a totally other planet...I'm the only Endorian on Earth when I'm in LA--I hope your family situation gets better soon. (I've started your book--am enjoying it very very much, but I can't promise you when I'll be done...school starts tomorrow...)

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Hope all is well with you. And I agree with you 200% on that LA body scene. Almost wants to make me go lie out by the pool in a tiny bikini, because I'd be such a stand out from all the rest. Haha. Who says you have to be botoxed to death to lie out by the pool? Show some of those young things what real life leads you to!

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Since you're not enabling comments yet, I figured I'd give you a little hullo...can't seem to send back to your e-mail, and I know you're busy, but I read your book and enjoyed it immensely--I even left a review on amazon.com-- I get a big kick out of reading reviews on my book, and I thought I'd return the favor. E-mail me if you want to chat about the book (favorite parts etc.) and good work! Keep writing--I'm definitely recommending your book to my daughter--she will enjoy it as well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home