Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, September 21, 2014

sorting the stash

Yesterday Mary Jean and I hit an estate sale where we could buy entire bolts of fabric for $5 each.  Today, while washing the sizing out of yards and yards and yards of fabrics that will go with justaboutanythihng, I started sorting my existing stash.  I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of six quilts I want to sew right now.  And, as I sorted through, I discovered that I have a lot of pink fabric.  An awful lot of pink.  In fact, I have something like a metric fuckton of pink print fabrics.

Which tells me that my inner three-year-old has been hijacking my impulse fabric buys for about the last - oh - fifteen years or so.  Ah, she heard me talking about her.  She's peeking around the corner to see how mad I am.  And what do you have to say for yourself young lady?

She gives me that endearing grin and says, "I wuv you, woxie."

My inner three-year-old is an accomplished survivor.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Better get some greens to tame down all those pinks.
    I had to give away a lot of green and blue paints. I had squirreled enough away for a lifetime.

     
  • At 4:15 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Time to get out the rotary cutter!

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Pinks are cute.

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'm sure there are kids getting your quilts that love the pinks :-)

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL What's wrong with pink? I happen to like pink! Little girls will enjoy pink quilts!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home