Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 15, 2013

Roxie writes from New Caledonia

New Caledonia is a french speaking country, so communication is a bit slow and awkward.  We found an internet cafe right off the cruise ship dock that offers free internet access if you buy something.  Kyle got a cold coke.  I got a cup of tea and a macaron.  Now we are establishing contact with the real world again.  I brought the camera and took some photos, but I forgot the cable to connect camera to computer, so photos come later.  So far. lots of elegant folks with beautiful bones and very white teeth.  It's hot, it's humid and it's overcast.  I can see why the WWII vets  hated being stationed here with only a few electric fans.  Working on heavy equipment in this weather would be penance.  But oh, what a beautiful, beautiful island it is.  lots of palms, bird-of-paradise flowers growing just like Irises, tiny brown flutter birds, and big loud frigate birds.  The ubiquitous pigeons and seagulls are being rude to one another.  Soon off to check out Noumea, the Paris of the Pacific.  Looking for chic boutiques and french fashion sense.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home