Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 14, 2013

At sea - Roxie writes

We are on our way to New Caledonia, but I thought I would report some of the shenigans  of my sheep on shore.  We stopped in Morrisons, a yarn store, and I managed to be quite restrained, spending only $10.  Then the nice young lady asked if there was anything else she could do for us.  "Would you mind posing for a photo with my sheep?"  Surprised, but willing, she agreed.  When she saw Bucky she was enchanted.  "What yarn is this?  I've never seen it!"  modestly I replied, "I spun and dyed it."  "And you knit the sheep, too?  He's darling!"  As you can see, Bucky is preen with pride.
Then, as we were wandering around the markets at the rocks, one of the ladies in the stalls noticed Bucky peeking out of my bag.  "Is that a sheep?  he's so sweet!"  I brought Bucky out and introduced his, he worked his wiles upon the lady and her compatriot, and before you know it, they were posing with him and letting him model their jewelry.
Bucky LOOVES pearls!

About that time, my camera died, so I didn't get pictures of him flirting with waitresses and children on the street, but it is a constant source of amazement to me how he can bring a smile to almost any face.  That sheep has charisma.

Today has been a quiet day at sea.  We ar moving into some rough weather, and Kyle had to take some MecClazine, which makes him very drowsy.  Luckily, though, I know how to amuse myself.  I have been watching people all day.  They're your best entertainment!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Aww...Bucky is cute! What a great conversation starter/ice breaker to meet and talk with people. :-) Have fun!

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bucky is spreading cheer! Hooray! Crossing my fingers for smooth sailing on the rest of your adventure.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Bucky needs a girlfriend to join in his travels with him!

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    You and Bucky spread smiles wherever you go. How Wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home