Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Partay!

We interrupt this previously scheduled report with some late-breaking news.  It's snowing!  Eeeeeeeeeeeee!  The sabertooth mammoths are going to come down from the glaciers and hunt me down and tread me into the tundra because they're mean bastards.  Being extinct will do that to a species.  HATE snow!!


OK, back to our previously scheduled report.
We were twenty two at the knitter's tea yesterday.  Ten in the dining room, and twelve in the living room and laughter and joy for all.  Here's the best part-in-action photo I got.
Individual cheesecakes with cherry topping, and fancy wrappers.  When DH saw me assembling the wrappers he asked what they were.  I told him they were party dresses for the cheese cakes.

I'm quite chuffed with myself over the tiered plate I made.  A round mirror  on the bottom, then 3 champagne glasses supporting a glass turntable from an old microwave. Space was at a premium and I needed to stack the food.





From the top down, almond macarons, middle tier: shortbread cookies with marion berry jam filling (YUM!) and peanut butter cookies. Bottom tier: Dark chocolate brownies and milk chocolate brownies with cinnamon.

There were lots of clementines left over.  Go figure.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I know I've said this before, but would that I lived nearby. Maybe I'll go take the flea market cake plate, put a few mugs on it, grab the microwave tray and play tea partay vicariously.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Brownies, yum! It looks like a great time and lots of delicious num num's.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Looks like a beautiful party.

     
  • At 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heavens. You're so creative at cooking AND plate making you clever woman. Watch out for saber toothed tigers, though.

     
  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Snow! It's finally cold enough here but as in most past winters, the temps are scheduled to warm up when the precipitation is due this week. After a weekend of 20 degrees, it'll be 50 tomorrow and rain.

    Part of me is glad so I don't have to slog through it to get to work but part of me longs for a really good snowstorm. I'd like it to wait two weeks until I replace the tires on my car though.

     
  • At 6:55 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We're suppose to get some snow today, but tomorrow we're going to be in for it.

    Everything looks yummy.

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Another wonderful moment at Roxie's place! I love it! And you're safe from the mammoths-- they don't like strawberries.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home