Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 25, 2011

I believe!!

My BIL,a prince of a fellow, works as Santa's stand in for various churches and charities in the Azusa area.  On this particular occasion, he gave presents to over two thousand kids.

He always wears the white gloves, and he gets the thickest,fluffiest beard he can find  ". . .because it filters out more germs."  Things I never thought 'santa would have to think about.

The good gifting runs in the family, too.  DH gave me "Twilight in Lake Woebegone" by Harrison Geilor which looks like vampire love in Northern Minnesota with the Norwegian bachelor farmers.  Can't wait to get to it.

But first, I want to watch the movie, "Going Postal" which is adapted from Terry Pratchett's book of the same name.  DH got me the CD.  Squeee!!

And speaking of movies, we hit the Christmas day matinee of Sherlock Holmes.  Rock-em, sock-em, kick butt action and wads of special effects.  Rather a thin plot.  But I was expecting it, so was prepared to enjoy all the stuff aimed at the teenage boy the film was made for.  Woohoo!  I  enjoyed it!

And now, DH has spread a finger food feast for us to nibble as we enjoy the serenity of the afternoon.  He totally rocks!  Haveede I mentioned?

9 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Merry Christmas, Roxie! It sounds like you're having a great Christmas Day.

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger grins said...

    Merry Christmas! If you came to post your haiku. Blogspot has been giving me probs so the sweet topic post is either below or accessible by hitting older post. I was disappointed to hear Holmes was thin on plot. I doubt is there's one I didn't read when I was growing up and even watched the series. Sounds like you had a merry Christmas!

     
  • At 5:36 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I can't believe you've never mentioned how wonderful DH is before. =^.^=

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Merry Christmas, and may your serenity be sweet.

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great time. How do you attract such "honey-type guys"? Must be your sweet personality.

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! You're related to Santa - that is so freakin' cool!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    My Bill and I sometimes listen to the Lake Woebegone news. I'm sure if the book is anything like the radio show, you'll have a great read and more than a few chuckles. Alice

     
  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    That sounds like a perfect Christmas! So relaxing and I love the finger foods.

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are so spoiled!
    We are all jealous!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home