Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A late night for this lark

The Yarn Harlot is going to be in town tonight, at the Powells' Books on Hawthorne! I don't think they have the slightest idea how many knitters will be there. I'm planning on arriving an hour early so I can at least get into the room. She is scheduled to start at 7:30. When you get up at 5, as I do, stying up till 9 is a big deal. Especially when you are a lazy old bat. (I LIKE my bed!!) Lessee -what piece of knitting will I wear?

I know it's possible to work full time and still get everything pretty much done. I've done it for years. How is it that now that I'm a part-timer, I can't get caught up on ANYTHING? I know - it's the cats' fault. Blame it on the scapegoats! Surely it can't be that I am slowing down, getting distracted, absent-minded, or spending wayyy too much time on the blog. It's all the fault of our dear little crapweasles. (Note to self: Put out four extra litter boxes next time we leave for a weekend.) I really must go hang up a cotton poly dress or two before they solidify in the dryer. Happy trails!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a great time this evening.
    I think I know what the problem is. it's not that you are part time. You sleep too much. You need to sleep 4-6 hours, then you'll have more time for "stuff". Trust me, less sleep gives you more time. (Of course, I'm gonna crash one of these days...)

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I was like that last year...it was like I lost 1/2 my paycheck and all I could manage to do was make dinner and sleep in...(of course I was pregnant...but still) Oh yeah. I did laundry. ooooooooh. But I think in the education profession, there is always so much undone anyway that you just use up your extra time doing your job the way you always wanted to... (Yarn Harlot--I'M SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! I was going to see her on Saturday, but I pretty much decided my family is on no shape for me to bail on them, even for something as important as Stephanie!)

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Ooooh, I know that you are having such fun even as I now type this. Every knitter in the world should get to see the Harlot.

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Wow, I love what you do!! Knitting, writing, teaching(?). I also was admiring your sweater tonight from sitting behind you. Like Stephanie said, I should have done the secret handshake. It is such a beautiful sweater!! I have been thinking about entering items in the fair, but I always say, "next year". I can't wait for your book to come out!! I am sure that my daughter and I will read it together. Thank you for the postcard.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home