Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

fun with kitties

You know those giant exercise balls that are so popular now? A friend uses hers as a typing chair and raves about the good effects - stronger waist, more limber back, firmer legs - so I rolled one in and sat on it. Fly kitty came to say hello to me and settled down next to the printer to supervise my work. Then I hit the print button. Fly flew off the counter with claws out for traction and hit the exercise ball. Next I knew, we were both sitting on the floor amid shards of thick rubber, staring at one another in astonishment. Then I laughed, which of course offended Fly no end, so he sat down to wash, insisting, "I meant to do that!!" Yes, my butt is sore, and it didn't do my sprained wrist a bunch of good, but the look on the poor cat's face was totally worth it.

The wrist actually is almost all better. I got in a lot of knitting yesterday which put no stress on the wrist at all. Today, it's back into harness for the first day of the fall term. Oh Joy!! Of course, I may re-injure myself, slapping the hysterical students who insist, "I HAVE to get into Calculus class. I was in pre-calc six years ago in highschool and I don't see why I can't just keep on. I don't CARE if your stupid placement test says I have the math skills to succeed in remedial arithmetic class. I HAVE to be in Calculus!!"

Let me make this clear. If you don't use it, you lose it. Math, sex, brains, muscle mass, it all needs regular exercise. This is not a rule. It is a fact of life. Like gravity, it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

I need to practice my sweater finishing skills. Time to finish the pink orphan sweater. (It has green sleeves because I ran out of pink yarn.) One and quarter sleeves and a neck to go, then proper seaming, I promise.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    My exercise ball and I are very good friends, because it does make me use those muscles that I don't want to lose. But the cats are scared of it, so I think I'm safe...

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Thank you, thank you, for saving me the price of an exercise ball. Although the feline surprise factor might almost be worth it.

    You are so right about skills. Luckily Dave's blog has been keeping my math up to snuff.

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmm...sweater finishing skills...I made one sweater to comploetion, and it was poor at best. Other sweaters since then have been torn back to balls.
    Maybe I need to work on my sweater starting skills...

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    THat was the funniest damn thing I've heard in a while...I'm so glad you were not hurt w/that because now I can laugh from the heart... ah, kids...the scary thing is, adults are just like that, only on a more civilized level...

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    omg that's hysterical. Poor kitty!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home