Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I gotta get the flock out of here.

Sometimes you just have to start writing to find out what you're going to write about.  There are all these ideas penned up in my head like a flock of hungry sheep in a barn.  Occasionally, when you open the door, they get themselves jammed in the doorway because they all try to squeeze out at once.  Then, I don't know, one pushes harder or one backs up  and suddenly they explode out into the sunny meadow and immediately start to graze.

Ha!   Here they come.  First thing I have to do is make a list of the things I have to do.  1.Cat to vet?  A. Look up cystitis. B.Wash bedspread. I.Use laundromat big washer and dryers. a. round up quarters for Laundromat washers and dryers.  2. Get dressed 3. Unload dishwasher. 4. Breakfast dishes into dishwasher. 5.Fold laundry and put it away. 6. Start another load of laundry (it never ends.  Never,never,never!) 7. Make bed. 8. Start clean-up in work room.  No,  8.Make vet appointment.  Probably ought to do that before folding laundry.  Then Laundromat, but the laundromat will take hours.  Prep entertainment for Laundromat. Damn - writer's group today.  and sewing with MJ tomorrow . . tea with Maggie at ten on Friday . . People who have jobs need to use the laundromat on the weekends sooo it looks like the bedspread will get washed next Tuesday.  Start a list for Tuesday.

The lambs and ewes are scampering in and out of the barn, trying to find one another.  Lots of bleating and jostling and the thunder of little hooves in the dust.

And my eyes keep rolling closed.  Kyle has been waking at 3 in the morning and getting up, which wakes me.  Then the cats decide that if he's up, it must be time for them to eat, so I spend the next two hours trying to sleep while fuzzy faces stand on my chest, squeaking their starvation at me.  Oh, yes, they are clearly starving.  They're down to nothing but skin and fat. Their solid little bodies stomp over my full bladder and my boobs like . . .like fourteen pounds of annoying cats.

And I'd better throw something over the bed or the cat might pee on the mattress.

1.  Look up cystitis!

Today's blog post has been brought to you by distraction, mental clutter, and the wrong side of the bed.    These sheep are not going to settle down and graze today.  I'd better go deal with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home