Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

just to keep blogging

Today is clear, sunny, and cold enough to freeze your nose hairs.  Add to that, a wind that will produce frostbite on exposed skin within half an hour.  It's a lovely day to sit inside in your jammies, next to a window, and sip hot beverages.  And that is pretty much what we're doing.  I had a nightmare last night that the furniture was transforming into malevolent robots, and I was furious at the betrayal of our Lazy Boys, so I shrieked in fury and went for them with my steel knitting needles. I don't know who won, though, because Kyle woke me up.  Evidently I was screaming in my sleep, fit to scare a banshee.  He tucked me into his embrace and I dropped right back to sleep, but he found it a lot harder to find dreamland.  So now, he is snoozing in the Lazy Boy, making up for his hours on guard duty.

I have been shopping for sock yarn, because my great nephew in the navy has requested hand-knit socks.  I don't enjoy knitting socks, but for this sweet boy, no problem.  I think I will go with Knit Picks Stroll.  Merino and nylon and lots of colors.  I'm thinking I'll also make a double-knit cap with navy blue on one side, and electric neon brights on the other, and a sedate lattice to hold the inside and outside together.

It was great to see the nephew, his wife and their kids and the kids'  sweeties.  I may have to knit the nephew a bright, bright hat, because he likes bright, bright stuff.  A couple of the sweeties are from Arizona, and they are having a ball in the deep snow.  They are also splitting wood because the only heat source in the cabin is the fireplace.  And then there is the fun of driving over gravel roads in two foot deep snow.  Oh, it's an education for those girls.

Other than hibernating, we have nothing scheduled for the day.  Maybe I should finish my latest story for writer's group.  Or maybe a little nap?  Just a teensy little nap?  God I LOVE being retired!  I am so very good at sloth.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Check to make sure on the colors for the socks. He might be only allowed to wear black ones.

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Isn't it great to be able to have a down day when you need it!?

    The knitting plans sound lovely!

     
  • At 7:15 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Retirement does sound wonderful. Sadly, we have some years before we can enjoy that slothful state.

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Today was a lazy day for me. I did stain my new table, unpack 8 boxes of knick knacks for the cabinets, brush Kala til she was drooling, and was the glass shelves in 2 cabinets. Other than that,...lazy. A 2 hour nap on the couch with Kala, watched a movie, and stared out the window at the gray day.
    I am surprised you let Kyle get into the recliner after that nightmare!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home